Xilinx is seeking a hardware design engineer to join our R&D team developing solutions for machine learning and Data Center acceleration. This is an opportunity to be on the ground-floor for the development of new hardware and software technology for accelerating data center workloads with a focus in particular on machine learning.
· The role has an emphasis on hardware, and requires experience bringing-up of complex FPGA machine learning designs on the 7nm Versal platform.
· Previous experience on using FPGA hardware and design bring-up on FPGA boards is a requirement.
· Experience with FPGA design flows, timing closure, working with DDR memory, RTL coding, Vivado, Vivado Logic Analyzer and in general design and debug strategies for complex performance-optimized FPGA designs are central to this position.
· A strong knowledge of Python scripting is very beneficial
· Some knowledge and experience implementing digital signal processing algorithms, for example linear algebra functions, FFTs and arithmetic functions employed in machine learning algorithms would be beneficial.
· Education level – Masters or PhD preferred
Skills – the candidate would have skills in several, but not necessarily all, of the following
- FPGA design flow
- Verilog, System Verilog
- Verification methodologies
- Simulation using Questa, Vivado simulator
- Scripting languages such as python and tcl
- Knowledge of machine learning datapath architecture would be beneficial
- C/C++ programming skills would be beneficial