Position Title: Staff Engineer
Supervisor: Andrew Chao
Dept Name: MSD-HSIO Majority of Work Performed(City,State): Portland, OR
· MSEE or PHD with minimum of 6+ years experience in deep sub-micron mixed signal design
· High speed digital PMA/PCS design experience including one or more of the following PHY architecture: Serdes, DDRx, LPDDRx or RF.
· Knowledge & hands-on experience with one or more of the following IO protocols: PCIe, SATA, USB, SGMII, CEI, FC, Interlaken, XAUI, XPON, DDR3/4, LPDDR3/4, Intel PIPE 3.0 or above.
· Knowledge and hands-on experience on digital physical media attachment (DPMA) from architecture definition, RTL coding, logic & mixed signal verification, IP collateral generation, to post-silicon validation at both component & system level.
· A track record in delivering high volume commercial products from architecture definition to post-silicon product qualification, & working knowledge in industry best practices
· Previous experience in TSMC/UMC’s 40nm process or more advanced node and Hard IP’s SoC/system integration & validation flow is a strong plus.
· Past experience in supporting deal acquisition and external customer engagement is a must.
· Strong fundamental in digital, mixed signal and ASIC design & verification.
· Strong coding skill in Perl, C, Verilog, System Verilog. Past experience with Python, Verilog-AMS, Verilog-A is a strong plus.
· Experience with tools/flows such as VCS, Design/RTL compiler, Formality, CDC, Discovery-AMS, LINT, UVM/OVM/VMM, B-scan, UPF & Scan/BIST , DFT, FPGA flow.
· Past experience with one of more of the following buses: I2C, AMBA AXI/APB/AHB, PCS, TAP/JTAG, Boundary scan, Memory-mapped-IO,
· Knowledge in digital signal processing, control theory, system behavior modeling, power management & power-up sequence, clocking and data pipeline/latency, and IO’s training algorithm is a strong plus
· Knowledge of Physical implementation flows, such as Synthesis, floor-planning, design constrain, CTS, ICC, design/timing convergence, and reliability flows.
· Creative design and problem solving ability delivering the highest level result across power, performance and area
· Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to work independently with local and international teams under different time zone and language background.
· Ability to work across all functional levels. Highly disciplined and self-motivated. Able to support occasional domestic or international travel per business requirement.