Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Business Title: Chief Financial Officer
Hiring Location: Santa Clara, CA
Hire Type: Full Time Employee
Silvaco is a leading EDA tools and semiconductor IP provider used for process and device development for advanced semiconductors, power IC, display and memory design. For over 30 years, Silvaco has enabled its customers to develop next generation semiconductor products in the shortest time with reduced cost. We are a technology company outpacing the EDA industry by delivering innovative smart silicon solutions to meet the world’s ever-growing demand for mobile intelligent computing. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has a global presence with offices located in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of Silvaco, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal responsibilities include:
· Monitor and review all Silvaco financial and accounting systems and programs for operational integrity.
· Provide expert counsel to the CEO and Board of Directors.
· Develop world class finance team with global coverage to support company growth through systems, processes and technical skills.
· Conduct short-term operational and long-term strategic financial planning, including capital structure management and evaluation.
· Work with leadership of each department to establish internal controls, policies and procedures, culminating with the periodic preparation of financial statements prepared in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Oversee and develop forecasts, cash flow projections and other internal management reports.
· Oversee cash management and short-term investments.
· Develop audit processes, functions, and external auditor relationships
· Collaborate with other functions to envision and implement enterprise systems to create competitive advantage
· Ensure that the company maximizes cash flow and return on investment through improved operating performance, and prudent capital investments, including acquisitions.
- Consistently support management team to achieve budget, revenue and EBITDA goals
1. Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
2. Monitor and direct the implementation of global entity structure
3. Develop financial strategies and daily updates
4. Manage the annual operating planning and budgeting processes
5. Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
1. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
2. Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
3. Oversee the financial operations
4. Manage third party relationships for outsourced accounting and finance functions
5. Oversee the company's enterprise transaction processing systems
6. Implement operational best practices
7. Oversee corporate and branch employees
8. Provide frequent updates to executives on financial objectives
1. Oversee the issuance of financial information, both internally and to external stakeholders
2. Maintain “hands-on” work style with key financial data
3. Expert Knowledge in Auditable Financial ERP Software such as Intact, Host Analytics and NetSuite
1. Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
2. Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
3. Construct and monitor reliable control systems
4. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
5. Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory financial reporting requirements
6. Ensure that audit planning is planned and accomplished within annual timing requirements
7. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
· 10+ years of demonstrable, progressive success in a senior financial role in a software company.
· Four year degree; advanced degree CPA and /or MBA preferred.
· Significant experience defining and operationalizing financial strategies.
· Deep SaaS/software industry financial and strategic business modeling knowledge.
· Recent B2B SaaS and/or software growth-stage Experience
· Proven history of managing the financial and operational expansion of a business through organic and M&A channels.
· Strong understanding of software business economic and financial modeling.
· Senior management experience including Board of Director and C-level interaction.
· Prior success upgrading the quality of an organization’s financial infrastructure by improving budgeting, reporting, and internal controls.
· Strategic thinker with exceptional technical skills, analytical ability, superb judgment and strong operational understanding of multi-unit business operations. Section
· Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff, while also optimizing performance and profitability.
· Demonstrates superior oral, written and strategic abilities.
· Displays strong analytical abilities both quantitative and qualitative.
· Analytical, with a strong detail orientation – someone who can examine relevant industry information and translate that information into effective strategies and programs.
· Ability to anticipate change and proactively pivot in order to take advantage of industry trends.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management.
· Strong Organization and time management skills.
· Maintain and practices “Open Door”.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Performs a variety of complicated tasks - certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
· A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
· Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up.
· Must be able work alongside dynamic individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward, holding reports accountable for forecasts and other businessobjectives.
· A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a “figuring it out as we go” environment.
· Enough courage to say “I don’t know”.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Silvaco, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at .