Senior Manager, ASIC Engineering
Nov 6, 2020 Silicon Motion, USA
SEND COPY OF RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Senior Manager, ASIC Engineering
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position’s main duties and responsibilities are:
• Manage ASIC design team in Graphics BU. Responsible for hiring and coaching new team members.
• Lead ASIC team to execute complete design cycle from RTL coding, FPGA, IP selection, design verification, synthesis, timing, DFT to production.
• Have hand-on experience and ability to roll up sleeves and work on design tasks.
• Works closely with cross site IP, Backend, Operation and SW teams to deliver high quality products.
• Help structure chip architecture and work closely with Marketing for PRD and design trade-offs.
• Communicate project status, identify risks and roadblocks, and implement mitigation plans to ensure project schedules are met with high quality.
* Hand-on experience in broad ASIC design flow and familiar with EDA tools. Have experience in following: RTL coding, simulation, test bench set up, synthesis using Synopsys DC compiler, STA using Synopsys/Primetime, Post layout timing simulation with sdf and DFT design(ATPG, MBIST and Scan insertion)
* Logic design experience in the following field is preferred: DRAM/cache controller, 2D graphics, display controller, video/image processing and interfaces (PCI Express, USB 3.0/2.0, USB Host, Ethernet). Familiar with Microprocessors (ARM, ARC), bus interfaces (APB, AHB, AXI) and low power architecture.
* Experience with building SoC and 3rd party IP integration.
* Good knowledge of FPGA tool flow (Xilinx or Altera) and prototype validation/bring-up is a plus.
* 10+ years of experience
* BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or equivalent, MSEE preferred