Application Engineer/Sr. Application Engineer
Apr 27, 2021 ASE (U.S.) INC., USA
ASE (U.S.) INC.
Job Title: Application Engineer/Sr. Application Engineer
Personnel Req: #409: please send your resume to email@example.com
This position is Application Engineer or Senior Application Engineer supporting customer on SiP/module assembly and test. Product applications could be broad, including connectivity, sensors, computing, and so on, but focus more on connectivity products, like cellular/WiFi. The person works as interface between customer and factory and assists customer for project management and product development. The person needs knowledge in semiconductor IC packaging technology, process, yield management and failure analysis. Knowledge of IC testing and RF products is a plus. Mandarin speaking is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Front line interface with customer on technical inquiry
- Support technical discussion on module analysis (design related), assembly technology capability, yield analysis and improvement, and failure analysis.
- Project management on development schedule, support customer sample build request in each phase
- Drive NPI process yield improvement, reliability, and quality. Drive internal technology roadmap to meet customers future requirements.
- Collaborate with supply chain partner on quality issues from component, IC, package, module, and PCB.
- Support business development with sales team, including new product engagement and coordinate technology promotion.
- Support NPI to MP ramp transition, and major field issues including yield and quality crisis and customer RMA.
- Oversees completely new product introduction from module design, assembly technology, capability, manufacturability, qualification, and test.
- Research and analyze a wide range of in-depth technical questions related to SiP/module solutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Application Engineer: BS in engineering, Electrical Engineering or Material Science background preferred, 5+ years’ experience in semiconductor industry, with 3+ years’ experience in Semiconductor assembly area.
Senior Application Engineer: BS in engineering, Electrical Engineering or Material Science background preferred, 8+ years’ experience in semiconductor industry with 5+ years’ experience in Semiconductor assembly area. Prior knowledge in IC packaging, SiP/Module design/assembly. Good interpersonal skills. Excellent in written English and verbal communication. Bilingual in Chinese and English is a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisor responsibility but must be able to organize and work with cross functional team inside ASE, and with customer to accomplish the program objective.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluent in English and good communication skills are required, fluency in Mandarin is a plus.
COMPUTER/SOFTWARE SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE: Proficient in MS Office, project management, PCB or SiP/module design, AutoCAD viewer.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must have basic math skills.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be flexible. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REASONING ABILITY: Work independently and have ability to make decisions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPANY BENEFITS: ASE (U.S.) INC. provides a comprehensive benefit package to all its full-time employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Flex Plan & Life Insurance. Eligibility for enrollment in our 401 (k) Plan after successfully completing your 90-day introductory period.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.