Intern, AI Algorithms in CPU Design
Apr 25, 2021 Futurewei, Santa Clara, CA, USA
We are currently looking for interns with solid Computer Engineering, Computer Science and AI backgrounds who would be interested in exploring the applications of AI, statistical learning and optimization methodologies in the design and verification of modern hardware.
Responsibilities and opportunities to learn:
• Work with the machine learning branch of our CPU design team.
• Apply machine learning (D-RL, in particular, along with DNNs and GNNs) to the design and verification systems in HW/CPU design process.
• Help explore and develop applications of AI and statistical learning in various aspects of HW design process – e.g., design space exploration, verification and instruction set generation, chip physical layout and placement etc.
• Collaborate with fellow machine learning research engineers on a regular basis
Prefer candidates with multiples of the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of CPU architecture and verification/validation practices.
• Knowledge of deep reinforcement learning, optimization techniques, statistical learning—including implementation environments such as PyTorch and/or Tensorflow.
• Agility in learning and working with multiple tools, including research and commercial tools.
• Experience in developing software in Linux/Unix environments.
• Well organized, detail-oriented team player.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ph.D or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or closely related majors.
Futurewei Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.