Intern, Video Processing & Machine Vision Algorithms in Camera Applications
Apr 26, 2021 Futurewei, Santa Clara, CA, USA
We are currently looking for interns with solid Electrical Engineering and Computer Science backgrounds who would be interested in exploring the applications of machine learning, computational photography and optimization in developing advanced visual computing techniques for cameras.
Responsibilities and opportunities to learn:
• Explore and develop machine learning-based (e.g., DNN, GAN, and reinforcement learning) video processing and machine vision algorithms for camera applications.
• Research topic can be decided according to your experiences, interests and work period. Possible topics may include the following:
Dynamic range compression
Denoising in low-light conditions
Non-local convolution layer for efficient pixel processing
Multi-spectral fusion and deblurring
Depth sensing and estimation
Depth-aware image and video processing
Depth perception enhancement
Reflection removal and rolling shutter correction
• Deliver veritable results when finishing intern period with feasible SW/HW implementation in real products or services preferred.
• Collaborate with fellow camera / multimedia research engineers on a regular basis.
Prefer candidates with multiples of the following qualifications:
• Ability to learn new knowledge and to master new skills quickly.
• Knowledge of camera processing pipeline, optics, and image sensors.
• Knowledge of image and video processing and computation photography algorithms.
• Deep understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms, both theory and practice.
• Proficiency in Python and relevant ML packages, e.g., numpy, scipy, PyTorch, or Tensorflow.
• Experience in developing software in C, C++, Python, or Matlab preferred.
• Well organized, detail-oriented team player.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ph.D. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or closely related majors.
Futurewei Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.