Job Title: Sr. Application Engineer
This position is for a Sr. Application Engineer for semiconductor and electronic industry packaging, assembly, and field engineering support. The person needs sound knowledge semiconductor IC, optical device/component, optical packaging technology, design, process, test, and failure analysis. Will need to work directly with semiconductor and OEM customer, align with internal team on new product introduction, new technology promotion, NPI project
management and MP ramp support. Must be a self-starter, be able to work independently and attention to details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Front line interface with customer on engineering inquiry, provide timely response and viable solution as local technical support.
• Work with customer on internal team on the new product introduction from design, simulation, assembly process, tooling/equipment, manufacturability, qualification, and test.
• Be problem solver and perform crisis management. Identify scale of issues, drive root cause analysis, implement corrective action, and monitor performance.
• Collaborate with all supply chain partner on technical issues from component, IC, packaging, module, and PCB interface.
• Technical Program management of new product introduction, schedule, business alignment with sales, HVM ramp ensure time to market.
• Support MP field engineering issues, including major yield and quality crisis and customer RMA.
• Participate in new business promotion, engagement, capital expenditure, product launch risk assessment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS or MS in engineering, minimum 5 years’ experience in electronic manufacturing industry, prior knowledge in optical component, optical device and package, opto-electronic module, and electronic PCB field. Good interpersonal skills. Excellent in written English and verbal communication. Bilingual in Chinese and English is a plus.
No supervisor responsibility but must be able to organize and work with cross functional team inside ASE, and with customer to accomplish the program objective.
Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD viewer, Cadence package design, layout tool experience are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be flexible. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work independently and have ability to make decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ASE (U.S.) INC. provides a comprehensive benefit package to all its full-time employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Flex Plan & Life Insurance Eligibility for enrollment in our 401 (k) Plan after successfully completing your 90-day introductory period. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran, or disability status.