To All CASPA Chapters:
We very much appreciated your contribution to CASPA last year, we cordially invite each chapter president to join 2017 CASPA Annual Conference and Dinner Banquet on10/28 in bay area. This year's theme is AI and Semiconductor Fusion. The detail agenda will be posted soon.
Look forward to seeing you here!
James Lei, President of CASPA
CASPA Annual Conference Dinner Banquet
CASPA 2017 Annual Conference Dinner Banquet
Time: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Venue:Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
- 12:00: Registration and Networking
- 13:00: CASPA Board of Director Election
- 13:30: Welcome from CASPA President
- 13:40: Keynote Speech:
Ziya Ma, VP, Intel
David Greenlaw, VP, nVidia
Rob Atiken, Fellow, ARM
David White, DE, Cadence
Chris Rowen, CEO, Cognitive Venture
- 15:50 - 17:00: Panel Discussion: Semiconductor & AI Fusion
Moderator: Mario Morales, VP, IDC
Jianxiong Xiao, CEO, AutoXa
Xingzhi Wen, CEO, Pintuitive
Jeff David, CEO, StreamMosaic
Alan Berezin, MD, Lam Research
- 17:00: Registration & Networking
- 18:15: Opening with Traditional Band & Dinner Banquet
- 19:00: Retiring BOD Service Recognitions
- 19:15: CASPA 2017-2018 Leadership Transition
- 19:45: Executive Keynote Speech
Ajit Manocha, President and CEO, SEMI
- 20:15: 2017 Student Scholarship Award
- 20:30 - 21:30: Performance & Prizes Drawing
2017 CASPA Board of Directors Election Announcement
Dear CASPA members,
Each year, CASPA will elect part of its Board of Directors (BOD) at the annual meeting, according to its By-law. There will be about 10 seats of Directors open to be elected in the upcoming annual conference to be held on Oct. 28, 2017. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for these 10 BOD seats, and run for BOD election during the annual meeting. The candidates with the top 10 number of votes will get the 2-year BOD seats, and serve CASPA in a 2 years term.
To be qualified as a candidate for BOD election, you have to be an active individual member with at least six months of membership before the election date.
CASPA has grown stronger and more influential in the US and in Asia, with your membership and continuing support. The success of CASPA depends solely on the unselfish devotion of volunteer members. One opportunity to make a difference to the community and even enhances your professional career is to become a Director of CASPA BOD. It will be a wonderful and memorable personal experience.
You are encouraged to participate in the election. If you are interested and meet the qualification, please email your application with the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the title of "2017 CASPA BOD Election" for your email,
- Your full name,
- Company name and job title, and
- Your “significant experiences and areas of contributions in your profession” with no more than 100 words.
Deadline of submitting your application to 2017 BOD election is Oct. 7, 2017. Our “BOD election committee” will verify your qualification and get in touch with you after your submission.
CASPA BOD Election Committee
Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association (CASPA)
CASPA 2017 Student Scholarship
On July 15th 2017, CASPA announced accepting applications for 2017 Student Scholarship from high school seniors. The deadline for the application is Saturday Oct. 14, 2017. The final award recipients will be notified before Saturday Oct. 27, 2017 and awards will be presented at the CASPA Annual Conference Dinner Banquet on Saturday Oct. 28, 2017.
Carrying on the tradition of pursuing excellence and community service, the CASPA Student Scholarship is designed to encourage and recognize scholastic and special achievements of the outstanding children of CASPA members. The selection criteria are based on a balanced of academic accomplishments, participation in extracurricular activities, and involvement in community service. Award winners will be invited to attend the 2017 CASPA Annual Banquet to receive the certificate of scholarship and an award check.
All student applicants must meet the following qualifications:
a) The student applicant must be entering senior year in high school at the time of application.
b) At least one parent is a CASPA life-time member for 6-months prior to the application.
Please send your application part 1 online, and application part 2 separately to Mr. Yuping Chung, Committee Chair of CASPA’s Student Scholarship Award via email@example.com, including the following materials before October 14, 2017.
- A copy of high school transcript and SAT1 score report
- An essay in one of the following two categories with no more than 300 words in MS Word doc:
- Personal Interests, Accomplishments, or Goals
- Why should I be awarded the CASPA Student Scholarship?
- Personal information sheet in MS word doc ( Template in Page 3)
- Name of Student Applicant (English & Chinese)
- Name of High School
- Parents’ names
- One photo in passport style (to be published in CASPA Website and Annual Conference Proceedings)
- A brief summary of honors and awards received, offices of student organizations held, extracurricular activities, community services involved, volunteer work experiences, etc.
Examples of the above materials from previous award winners can be found in [www.caspa.com]www.caspa.com under Scholarship. For more information about CASPA Student Scholarship, please contact Mr. Yuping Chung via firstname.lastname@example.org.
CASPA Financial Seminar II
Are You Prepared for the Unexpected Setback / Grow and Protect your Assets Properly
Time: 18:30 pm, October 4, 2017
Venue:ITRI, 2870 Zanker Rd # 140, San Jose, CA 95134
We invited experienced estate attorneys and financial advisor to closely communicate with you, from legal, tax planning, asset allocation, and other aspects to answer your questions about the following categories.
- Estate Planning / Estate Tax / The Estate Plan.
- Grow and Safe Guarding Your Wealth.
- How do you hold your real estate title and other property?
- The Fundamentals of Financial Planning and Asset allocations.
- Michael Lee, Managing partner of rui | attorneys.
Michael founded the rui | attorneys after service as an attorney with the US Internal Revenue Service, US Attorney’s Office, and the US District Court. The primary focus of his transactional practice is structuring international business transactions and wealth management services for high-net worth families to promote tax efficiency via US-foreign treaties or sophisticated multi-modal estate planning. Regarding litigation, his practice focuses on complex insolvency, distressed transactions, and tax controversy. Examples of specialized representations include estate planning for nonresident aliens, US inbound business transactions, complex real estate transactions and asset protection. Representative clients include multi-national companies, company directors and officers, persons of multiple-nationality / tax obligations, and fiduciaries.
- Xiaowei Li, General partner of rui | attorneys.
Xiaowei co-founded rui | attorneys after practice as a larger firm multinational corporate attorney. The primary focus of her transactional practice includes providing consultancy on SME operations within the US to reduce risk and improve operational efficiency in the areas of internal corporate law, labor law, contracting, and commercial law. Examples of specialized representations include the development of professional corporations (e.g. physicians), implementation of corporate employment policies, and intellectual property agreements. She represents clients ranging from closely held companies to publicly traded corporations in the industries of real estate development, construction, real estate brokerage.
- Dr. Connie Chen, Executive Vice Chairman, TransAmerica Financial Group
Dr, Chen obtained her Ph D in sociology and statistics from the university of University of Hamburg in Germany. She was renowned in her field, with many publications. After moving to US, she felt the need to be educated in the field of financial planning as a new immigrant, she started a career of an investment advisor. She achieved a great success and featured in Money and Forbes magazine many times as the leader in this industry for 15 years. She specialized in the financial planning for company group plan and individual retirement rollover, investment, insurance, tax planning. Currently she devoted all her effort to educate the community with the comprehensive financial and wealth management tools to improve the peace of mind when we entering retirement stage.
Time: 14:30– 20:00, 10/15/2017,
Venue: Computer History Museum,1401 North Shoreline Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94043
Time: 18:30– 20:30, 10/17/2017,
Venue: NVIDA,2800 Scott Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95050
Time: 18:30– 19:00, 10/18/2017,
Venue: ActionSpot, 99 wilson ave, San Jose, CA 95126
Venue: ITRI International, 2870 Zanker Rd., Suite #140, San Jose, CA 95134
Time: 8:30– 17:30, 10/24/2017, 10/25/2017; 8:30– 16:30, 10/26/2017
Venue: Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Venue: ITRI International, 2870 Zanker Rd., Suite #140, San Jose, CA 95134
CASPA Job Alert
- Silicon Motion, Inc. is looking for Director of Engineering – Multimedia BU andEnterprise and DC OEM Sales Director . For those who have interest, Please send copy of resume to human resources (email@example.com). Updated on 09/15/2017.
- Huawei has several job openings (SSD Firmware Architect, SSD System Chief Architect, Chief Technology Officer of Solid State Drive, Chief Expert of Storage Controller and Interface technology). For those who have interest, Please contact Oscar Yee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for these positions. more info Updated on 09/15/2017.
- TSMC 2017 TSMC International Recruitment start in coming September more info .
Updated on 08/31/2017.
- TSMC has a job opening about Customer Support Specialist in San Jose, California. Please email your resume to (email@example.com) if interested. more info .
Updated on 08/31/2017.
Summary of CASPA Major Events
Following links include presentation materials for previous major CASPA events during the 2016 - 2017 term:
Thank you for your kind attention and generous support. We look forward to seeing you at CASPA events.
CASPA | eLetter Publication
QUESTIONS: Please do not reply to this message. If you have any question or need further information, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNSUBSCRIBE: Click here with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line to unsubscribe.
Copyright 2015 CASPA. All right reserved.