Below are the updates of our recent events:
1. CASPA’s board of directors just elected our new vice president. Congratulations to Dr. Xiaodong Zhang. Dr. Zhang will lead CASPA for the upcoming 2020-2021 calendar year.
2. Thanks for your participation for member’s survey. The survey will guide CASPA to better serve our members. The drawing winners are Jian Shi for a free lifetime CASPA membership and Shawming Ma for a free CASPA 2019 dinner banquet ticket. Congratulations!
3. For members who want a copy of SIGII Rambus seminar slides, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Application submission deadline for Board of Directors election is Sept. 27. I encourage every eligible member to participate.
5. Application submission deadline for CASPA scholarship is Sept. 28. For members who have children becoming seniors in high school, it is once of a lifetime award. Do not miss it.
6. For CASPA’s Annual conference and Dinner banquet, our volunteers are working hard and have completed the speaker line up. We need volunteers to help. If you would like to network with more people and learn how to organize events, please come to our preparation meeting at CASPA HQ at noon on every Friday until 10/19.
Thanks for your participation
Chairman and President, CASPA
CASPA 2019 Student Scholarship
August 15th, 2019 - CASPA announced today accepting applications for 2019 Student Scholarship from high school seniors. The deadline for the application is Sept. 28, 2019. The final award recipients will be notified by October. 7, 2019 and awards will be presented at the CASPA Annual Conference Dinner Banquet on Saturday Oct. 19, 2019.
Carrying on the tradition of pursuing excellence and community service, the CASPA Student Scholarship is designed to encourage and recognize scholastic and special achievements of the outstanding children of CASPA members. The selection criteria are based on a balanced of academic accomplishments, participation in extracurricular activities, and involvement in community service. Award winners will be invited to attend the 2017 CASPA Annual Banquet to receive the certificate of scholarship and an award check.
All student applicants must meet the following qualifications:
a) The student applicant must be entering senior year in high school at the time of application.
b) At least one parent is a CASPA life-time member for 6-months prior to the application.
Please fill the following application form and send it to Brandon Wang, bwang@CASPA.com, including the following materials on or before September 28, 2019.
1. A copy of high school transcript and SAT1 score report
2. An essay in one of the following two categories with no more than 800 words in MS Word doc:
§ Personal Interests, Accomplishments, and Goals
§ Why should I be awarded the CASPA Student Scholarship?
3. Personal information sheet in MS word doc ( Template in application form )
a. Name of Student Applicant (English & Chinese)
b. Name of High School
c. Parents’ names
d. One photo in passport style (to be published in CASPA Website and Annual Conference Proceedings)
e. A brief summary of honors and awards received, offices of student organizations held, extracurricular activities, community services involved, volunteer work experiences, etc.
Examples of the above materials from previous award winners can be found in www.caspa.com under Scholarship. For more information about CASPA Student Scholarship, please contact Brandon Wang, Committee Chair of CASPA’s Student Scholarship Award via bwang@CASPA.com
2019 CASPA Board of Directors Election Announcement
Dear CASPA members,
Each year, CASPA will elect part of its Board of Directors (BOD) at the annual meeting, according to its By-law. There will be about 10 seats of Directors open to be elected in the upcoming annual conference to be held on Oct. 19, 2019. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for these 10 BOD seats, and run for BOD election during the annual meeting. The candidates with the top 10 number of votes will get the 2-year BOD seats, and serve CASPA in a 2 years term.
To be qualified as a candidate for BOD election, you have to be an active individual member with at least six months of membership before the election date.
CASPA has grown stronger and more influential in the US and in Asia, with your membership and continuing support. The success of CASPA depends solely on the unselfish devotion of volunteer members. One opportunity to make a difference to the community and even enhances your professional career is to become a Director of CASPA BOD. It will be a wonderful and memorable personal experience.
You are encouraged to participate in the election. If you are interested and meet the qualification, please email your application with the following info to email@example.com. Please use the title of "2019 CASPA BOD Election" for your email,
1. Your full name,
2. Company name and job title, and
3. Your “significant experiences and areas of contributions in your profession” with no more than 100 words.
Deadline of submitting your application to 2018 BOD election is Sep.27, 2019. Our “BOD election committee” will verify your qualification and get in touch with you after your submission.
CASPA BOD Election Committee
Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association (CASPA)
CASPA Autumn Delegation Trip to Taiwan
Date: Sep. 18, 2019 - Sep. 20, 2019
Recruit high tech startups to join 2019 CASPA international Taiwan delegation trip; get the first hand information of Taiwan market, network with high profile VC’s and industry leaders, present your projects in high tech summit, and meet local governmental decision makers. Selected startups will have incentives. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get registration details and fee information.
Please provide following information:
name/contact, cell phone/email/company, name/presented, project name/bio/projects, introduction (500 words)
(1. core technology; 2 projected revenue; 3. land/facility/fund requirements 4. require roadshow)
Financial Seminar: Financial Strategies to smoothen the ups and downs of a turbulent stock market
Date: Wednesday, Sep. 25, 2019
Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Venue: ITRI International Inc. 2870 Zanker Road, #140 San Jose, CA 95134
6:30pm - 7:00pm: Registration, light refreshment, networking
7:00pm - 7:10pm: CASPA intro
7:10pm - 8:00pm: Speaker I: Yvonne Yao, "Financial Strategies to smoothen the ups and downs of a turbulent stock market", Q&A
8:00pm - 8:10pm: Break
8:10pm - 9:00pm: Speaker II: Jochen Faas, "Tax Savings Strategies for Highly Appreciated Property", Q&A
Online registration: Financial Seminar: Financial Strategies to smoothen the ups and downs of a turbulent stock market
CASPA 2019 Annual Conference & Dinner Banquet: AI from Silicon to Software
Date: Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019
Time: 12:00pm – 9:40pm
Venue: DoubleTree (Hilton) Hotel 39900 Balentine Drive Newark, CA 94560
Online registration: CASPA 2019 Annual Conference & Dinner Banquet: AI from Silicon to Software
[CASPA Taiwan/HsinChu Chapter] China semiconductor market under international/regional crossfire
Date: Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019
Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Online registration: [CASPA Taiwan/HsinChu Chapter] China semiconductor market under international/regional crossfire
Time: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Venue: Cisco Building 9 260 E Tasman Dr San Jose, CA 95134
Date: 9/23/2019 - 9/24/2019
Time: 10:00am – 8:30pm
Venue: Computer History Museum 1401 N Shoreline Blvd Mountain View, CA 94043
Time: 9:30am – 3:00pm
Venue: Computer History Museum 1401 North Shoreline Boulevard Hahn Auditorium
Venue: SEMI, 673 S. Milpitas Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035
Thank you for your kind attention and generous support. We look forward to seeing you at CASPA events.
CASPA | eLetter Publication
QUESTIONS: Please do not reply to this message. If you have any question or need further information, please contact our office at email@example.com.
UNSUBSCRIBE: Click here with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line to unsubscribe.
Copyright 2015 CASPA. All right reserved.