SILVACO | SEC Reporting Manager
Business Title: SEC Reporting Manager
Hiring Location: Santa Clara
Job Category: Finance
For more than 35 years, Silvaco, Inc. has remained a privately held global company with a leading position among providers of EDA software tools for process and device development, analog/mixed-signal applications, power IC, and memory design. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Silvaco is undergoing substantial growth and is experiencing the related challenges worldwide.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The SEC Reporting Manager will report to the Corporate Controller and have complete responsibility and oversight of the SEC reporting process, including timely preparation and submission of quarterly and annual filings, proxy filings, earnings reports, and SOX compliance. This individual will partner closely with our accounting, finance, legal and IR teams on accounting close, technical, and significant accounting matters and SEC filing processes and timelines. This individual will also work closely with our external auditors as they perform reviews and audits of our financial statements and review our filings for compliance. In addition to SEC reporting, this role will assist with performing research, documenting the Company’s accounting positions, technical transactions and equity accounting.
- Prepare and coordinate all internal financial reporting, quarterly and annual reports, including 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, proxy statements, earnings releases, and other forms of SEC filings.
- Responsible for the compilation of financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussion and analysis and all other components of SEC filings, once public.
- Responsible for the reporting of all equity-based transactions, equity schedules, EPS calculations, and footnotes disclosures for SEC filings, along with support from the stock administrator.
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls in relation to the Financial Reporting process.
- Review stock-based compensation activities, including performance-based awards as well as underlying assumptions and related expenses in compliance with authoritative guidance.
- Identify, analyze, and apply technical guidance, enhance accounting memos, and provide training to internal Finance and Accounting group.
- Monitor, assess, and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company and proactively partner with stakeholders to analyze the impact on the operational and/or financial performance of the company.
- Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and the annual audits.
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to various stakeholders within Finance and Accounting and across the company including Legal, Business and Insurance.
- Displays strong analytical abilities both quantitative and qualitative.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks – certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up.
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a “figuring it out as we go” environment.
- Enough courage to say “I don’t know”.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Minimum of 6+ years overall experience in a technical accounting and financial reporting role with publicly listed companies.
- Public accounting experience and CPA is preferred.
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation.
- Ability to interpret complex technical guidance and effectively present the Company’s accounting position both in written and verbal form.
- Strong project management skills, ability to work independently and multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Team player works well within a group, happy to take on responsibilities outside your role when needed.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand the business.
- Technical proficiency with one or more corporate financial/enterprise software packages (Intacct).
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to appropriately prioritize issues and allocate resources.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (including operations such as v-lookup, functions, pivot tables, etc.