ETCH Global Product Support (GPS) Engineer III – (E3)
ICAPS GPS supports a diverse range of products, 300mm Etch primary experience preferred, with 300mm MDP and any 200mm experience an advantage.
- Develop new procedures and Best Known Methods (BKMs) to service new products. Contribute to the FMECA process.
- Participate in or own first chamber Build & Test in Apps lab. Solve issues, or work with Engineering to address issues identified. Work with Manufacturing to develop procedures and participate (if required) on New Product final test
- Partner with Quality & Reliability (Q&R) group to review and address Top Field Issues. Participate in or own CAPA process. Conduct or facilitate Failure Analysis (FA) if needed
- Develop and document procedures to install (start-up), retrofit and maintain the product (Technical Product Manuals)
- Develop new procedures, Customer Engineering Notices (CENs), Internal Service Bulletins (ISBs) and troubleshooting guides as required
- Collect process and qualification data to create product Best Known Methods (BKMs)
- Develop initial training package for new products and work with Global Technical Training (GTT) to develop training class. Train Customer Engineers (CEs), Process Engineers (PSEs) and Technical
- Product Support (TPS) assigned to customers who will receive ELS Shipments, prior to shipping
- Identify new parts that require to be stocked by AGS and work with them to ensure parts are stocked in correct locations
Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
300mm Etch primary experience preferred, with 300mm MDP and any 200mm experience an advantage.
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.