Focused Ion Beam Technician
- Prepare Prepares wafers for experimentation to include cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares equipment for experimentation. Evaluates performance of process system.
- samples for Focused Ion Beam (FIB) lamella making and help to optimize sample prep procedure and conditions, identify cutting location based on pattern instructions.
- Operates and check performance of equipment to perform sample prep process, under limited supervision.
- Understand basic Focused Ion Beam (FIB) principle.
- Operate Focused Ion Beam (FIB) for making TEM lamella pending on job assignment, identify all of patterns of interest, understand lamella quality requirement and sample/beam interaction to determine optimized conditions.
- Perform Focused Ion Beam (FIB) system software alignment functions. Perform routine maintenance procedures, flash, plasma clean etc.
- Perform routine shut down procedure. Identify problem put tool down and call for service.
- Coordinates instrument repair and maintenance. Coordinates with engineering on wafer evaluations.
- Orders equipment and supplies, and coordinates with vendors and purchasing.
- Contributes to Lab Operation
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results;
- help lab on monitoring wafer in process (WIP) and maintaining quality, turnaround time, and throughput.
Education: Associate’s Degree
Years of Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.