Chinese Institute of Engineers, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (CIE/USA-SF) is now accepting applications for the Scholarship Award. The scholarship award winners will be awarded US $200 dollars and a granted CIE scholarship certificate, presented at the CIE/USA-SF Annual Conference in Santa Clara Convention Center on 5/2 afternoon, 2020.
Being the oldest Chinese engineering and science society in North America, and following a long-standing tradition of pursuing excellence, CIE/USA-SF has established this award program to recognize and encourage the outstanding high school students of its members. The selection criteria will be based on an overall accomplishment of applicants’ academic performance, extracurricular activities achievement and the participation in community services. Each award winner will receive a Certificate of Merit and a check of two hundred dollars and shall need to attend the CIE/SF Annual Conference to receive it.
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. A CIE/USA-SF member’s children
2. Currently a Junior or Senior (11th or 12th grade) in high school
3. Has never received the award from the CIE/SF Chapter before
4. Must be able to attend the award ceremony to receive the award and certificate.
All applicants must submit the following documents in soft copies:
1. A completed application form (download template) http://cie-sf.org/index.php/archives/download/category/3-archives.
2. A passport type photo (> 300kb), to be published in the CIE/USA-SF 2020 annual conference proceedings
3. A high school Transcript
4. A personal essay (no more than 250 words) which includes information such as: honors and awards received, offices of student organizations held, extracurricular activities, community service involved, volunteer work experiences, etc.
5. (For Non-CIE/SF parents only) Join membership online from HERE. http://cie-sf.org/index.php/membership/join-member
The deadline for the application is February 1st, 2020.
For 12th grade student, please send in your application ASAP for possible early decision.
Contact Person: T.C. Yang
Application material please email to firstname.lastname@example.org