Job Title: Senior Staff Engineer – CPU Microarchitecture Design (Contractor)
Location: Santa Clara, CA or Austin, TX
To Apply: please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for Senior Staff Engineer – CPU Microarchitecture Design. The candidate will take part in definition and implementation of client’s next generation high-end microprocessor. The individual shall be responsible for the various phases of the development work.
Depending on the actual assignment and skill set, the candidate will focus on all or part of the technical areas below:
• Define the next generation micro-architecture, participate in Timing Feasibility studies, Cost and power estimation, Performance projection, Competitive analysis
• Micro-architecture Definition and specification
• Participate in RTL Design
• Experience in Instruction fetch, rename/decode, out of order design, execution, SIMD, Vector
• Write optimized RTL for high-speed timing, area and power
• Lead the development effort and Carry out design work of critical function units
• Be able to conduct microprocessor research, publish papers.
• Hands-on experience in CPU architecture/micro-architecture/design
• Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter, who can deliver independently as well as in a team environment
• Master’s degree or higher preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills