Location: Santa Clara, CA or Austin, TX
We are looking for a qualified engineer/scientist for CPU performance study. The candidate will take part in development and research on next generation microprocessor.
The individual shall be responsible for running simulation, and gathering and analyzing statistics including, but not limited to, compiling benchmarks such as the SPEC benchmark suite; submitting jobs to LSF grids; writing/modifying shell/Python scripts; writing and compiling simple test cases in C++ and/or Assembly; and producing results in various forms such as a text file, Microsoft Word or Excel files.
The individual shall be responsible for setting up computer architecture/microarchitecture simulation environment in the Linux environment including, but not limited to, installing/compiling simulation tools with software dependencies such as GEM5; modifying Linux environment variables; and writing shell/Python scripts. The individual shall be responsible coding, testing, and debugging various parts in simulator code such as GEM5.
Depending on the actual assignment and skill set, the candidate will focus on all or part of the technical areas below:
- Conducting performance analysis to identify performance bottlenecks and come up with improvement solution
- Porting and developing various open-source and proprietary tools
- Porting and developing various open-source and commercial CPU workloads
- Coding, testing, and debugging various microarchitecture components such as vector-processing, load-store and data-prefetch units, to name a few
- Strong C++ , Python script and object-oriented programming skills – API programming is a plus
- Familiarity with the Linux environment
- Experience in workload generation using open-source compilers and tools – RISC-V is a plus
- Basic understanding of ISA and Assembly code – RISC-V is a plus
- Hands-on experience in CPU architecture/microarchitecture simulators – GEM5 is a plus
- Basic understanding of computer architecture and microarchitecture, including out-of-order execution, memory system and pipeline design
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter, who can deliver independently as well as in a team environment
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.