Silicon Valley Headquarter Albany Chapter Austin Chapter Dallas Chapter Oregon/Portland Chapter Pearl River Delta Chapter Phoenix Chapter San Diego Chapter Shanghai Chapter Singapore Chapter Taiwan/Hsinchu Chapter Contact Us
I. Introduction of Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association (CASPA)
Founded in 1991, CASPA has developed into the largest Chinese American semiconductor professional organization worldwide. It is an officially registered non-profit organization with both the Internal Revenue Service and the State of California.
1. Provide networking and business expansion for corporate sponsors and individual members
2. Facilitate collaboration and communication among professionals and companies in the semiconductor industry
3. Promote the welfare of the members by supporting their interests
4. Exchange information regarding job opportunities and career development globally.
CASPA consists of individual members, corporate sponsors, board of directors, board of advisors, board of volunteers, and honorary advisors. The board of directors consists of 20 members including Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, CFO. Every year after the annual conference, the new board select Vice Chairman from qualified candidates. The Vice Chairman becomes the Chairman in the following year to guarantee continuity of leadership of CASPA. The board of advisors consists of current year's chairman and past six year's former chairmen. In addition, there are 7 Honorary Advisors since 2000. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, CASPA has 11 local chapters worldwide: Albany New York, Austin & Dallas Texas; Phoenix Arizona; Portland Oregon; HsinChu Taiwan, Pearl River Delta (Hong Kong, ShenZhen), San Diego California, Shanghai, Beijing and Singapore. CASPA also forms alliance with other associations to promote welfare of its members. In 2004, CASPA reciprocates memberships with two of the largest professional organizations in the industry, SEMI and FSA.
Currently CASPA has more than four thousand individual members covering multiple disciplines. Most of them are semiconductor professionals working in Silicon Valley, Southern California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Texas, New York, China, Taiwan, and Singapore. CASPA also has more than 70 corporate sponsors, including EDA, design, IDM, foundry, packaging / test, venture capital, science and technology development parks, legal and financial service companies located in the United States, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Japan.
IV. CASPA's activities
1. Bi-monthly dinner meetings
2. Conferences, Seminars, Workshops and Symposiums
3. International and domestic Job Fairs
4. CASPA Delegations to China, Taiwan, and Asia Pacific countries
5. Hosting Delegations from China, Taiwan, and other Asia Pacific countries
6. Annual banquet and special summer program.
V. CASPA's publications
1. Semimonthly eLtters
2. Quarterly newsletters
3. Annual Conference Proceeding
4. Other conference and delegation proceedings
* The text of this website is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).